If your teeth have been badly damaged or affected by the cavities seriously or If you have noticed a chip or crack in your teeth, what would you think of doing instantly? I think you might have come to know what am I talking about? Yes, for all these instances, we will opt for root canal treatment, right?
But before proceeding with it, don’t you think you should have thorough knowledge about the treatment? To make you aware of this, I have come here with this article. In today’s article, I will discuss the benefits, costs, and side effects of root canal treatment. But before that, I will give a brief note on root canal treatment, and then I will proceed with the article further. So let’s See
What is root canal treatment?
The root canal treatment is a procedure where the destroyed inner pulp of the teeth is removed, cleaned, and then refilled, and then sealed with the crown to make it appear as a natural tooth. The main idea of performing the root canal treatment is to save the natural tooth from being damaged and prevent the further spread of infections to the neighboring tooth.
Which are the cases where you may feel that you need a root canal treatment?
You may need a root canal treatment in the following instances.
- If you have a deep decay on the tooth due to an untreated cavity.
- If you have a cracked tooth, you may need a root canal treatment.
- Dental trauma or injury can also lead to root canal treatment.
- If you have sensitivity to heat or cold, then it may indicate that you need a root canal.
- If you have swollen gums, even then, you may need a root canal.
- In case of tooth mobility, you may need a root canal.
What is the cost of root canal treatment?
The cost of the root canal treatment can depend on various factors as the raw materials used, the specialty of the dentist, and the dental clinic, the place, and many factors that determine the cost of the root canal treatment. However, the cost of root canal treatment in Chennai is around 3000-6000 INR. If you aim to obtain root canal treatment at the best price and quality treatment, you can visit the best dental clinic near you or the best dental clinic in Chennai.
What are the benefits of root canal treatment?
There are many benefits of root canal treatment; let’s see what they are.
- The major advantage of root canal treatment is that they prevent the spread of infection to the neighboring tooth and safeguards them
- It enhances and improves not only oral health but also overall health.
- The root canal treatment is also durable and long-lasting, and it helps reduce frequent visits to the dentist.
- It is a cost-effective treatment, and it is most affordable for everyone.
- It is a pain-free procedure and also the best way o save your natural tooth from being lost.
- The root canal treatment also helps to prevent the condition of the degeneration of bones.
What are the side effects of root canal treatment?
Along with the side effects, the root canal treatment has its side effects too.
- In some cases, there is a risk that has been noticed is the root canal treatment might weaken the tooth. As there is a drilling process in the root canal treatment, it can weaken the teeth.
- After the root canal treatment, the teeth become more fragile and become more prone to chipping and cracking.
- The most common side effect of root canal treatment is it can cause discoloration of the affected tooth.
- More pressure on the tooth can cause the tooth to crack or chip while chewing or biting.
- The first discomfort occurs immediately after the treatment and can cause you pain. You may need pain killers to overcome the pain that happens after the root canal treatment.
- The root canal treatment is costlier when compared to tooth extraction.
Some Frequently Asked Questions on Benefits, Cost, and Side Effects of Root Canal Treatment.
How long does the root canal treatment last?
The root canal treatments can last up to 8-10 years or more. The lasting time is based on the way you take care of your teeth. If you want your root canals to last for the long term, you can add a dental crown to it and make it last for a long time.
How long does the root canal treatment take?
It will take up to one and half hours to 3 hours to complete the root canal treatment. Usually, it takes only one visit to complete the root canal treatment. But in some cases, it may require two to three visits to complete the treatment.
Who performs the root canal treatment?
Endodontists usually perform root canal treatment. An endodontist is a dentist who has specialized experience in dealing with root canal treatment. The dentist also performs it, but an endodontist deals with it as he is experienced in dealing with root canals.
Is it cheaper to have the root canal treatment?
It is not an expensive treatment, but it can be quite expensive when we compare it to tooth extraction. So it may be expensive for some people who may be opting for the tooth extraction.
Root Canal Treatment is guaranteed treatment if it is appropriately treated with appropriate care and precautions. If you want to make it last for a long time, you can also add a crown to make it last longer.
Hope you had a thorough knowledge of root canal treatment and hope that the article was helpful. You can ask if you have any query we will answer you. See you soon.